so i saw navydream's been having a stressful time so i drew her a tiny Dream!Sherlock. hope things start getting better for you!!
the general idea that John would forgive Mary for being a killer for hire, while he was so angry at Sherlock in TGG when he didn’t care enough about the people he was trying to save is just preposterous
//This began the rise of Aperture Science.
SPRTIZ THIS SHIT ON YOUR DICK AND YOUR E HARD FOR LIFETHAT IS NOT THE INTENDED USE, SIR
SPRAY IT ON YOUR NIPPLES
U L T I M A T E N I P P L E S
If corals get stressed they die, so if I was coral I would be dead
what do coral even get stressed about
guys, i work at an aquarium and my coworkers and i have literally laughed at this for three days straight. everytime we pass each other we whisper “current events” and crack up. our customers think we are nuts.
groot is probs assumed to be male but tbh i figure groot is a lil genderless being. who needs the gender binary when you’re a celestial tree creature. riddle me that.
"Are you a boy, or a girl?"
"I am Groot."
Tree sex and gender are actually a fascinatingly complex topic.
From a reproductive perspective, it all comes down to flowers. Like most animals, trees reproduce using “eggs” and “sperm” - in this case, egg cells and pollen - which are both manufactured by flowers. A given flower may produce pollen, egg cells, or both. A flower that produces only pollen is known as “staminate”; one that produces only egg cells, “carpellate”, and one that produces both pollen and egg cells, “perfect” or “bisexual”. This, in turn, yields three possible configurations:
- All of the tree’s flowers are perfect.
- Some flowers on the tree are carpellate, and some flowers on the tree are staminate (possibly with some perfect flowers mixed in).
- The tree has only carpellate flowers, or only staminate flowers.
These three configurations in turn yield numerous permutations. For example, some trees produce mostly or exclusively staminate flowers in the Spring, a mixture of staminate and carpellate flowers in the Summer, and mostly or exclusively carpellate flowers in the Fall. Other trees produce only staminate flowers when young, and gradually transition as they grow until the largest, oldest trees produce only carpellate flowers.
Given such a complicated reproductive dynamic, it’s possible that Groot’s people would have no gender roles - but it’s also possible that they’d have a set of gender roles just as complicated and dynamic as their reproductive roles.
#looooooook #groot #is a complex #multigendered #being #i’m so fucking in love #also #i am groot #is a perfectly valid #gender identity
A selection of tags from zooeyscigar
A group called Connecticut Working Mom’s has put together an AMAZING photo spread called “Lets End The Mommy Wars”. The photo shoot was about embracing their different parenting choices.
“Let’s end the mommy wars, once and for all, by tapping into our compassion and letting go of our judgments. Cause seriously people, the world needs more love and less judgment.”
Check them out on Facebook!
More Love. Less Judgment.
This is important!
i’m gonna give some tips i never see people say
- make a conscious effort to do as much homework as possible in the first month or so and hand it in to the teachers early so they know you do care about homework and don’t get as angry at you if you miss pieces here and there later on
- try not to carry too much around because checking you have everything all the time can cause anxiety, bring only the essentials
- teachers are there to teach you, if you don’t understand something then ask them about it, it might feel awkward or uncomfortable or silly but in the long run it’s going to help you a lot more if you’re honest about not quite getting something, even if you still don’t get it after they explain it twice
- if you did your homework but the teacher doesn’t ask for it, wait until your classmates have left before you hand it in, saves that awkward moment of everybody groaning because somebody mentioned homework with thirty seconds left of class
- if you’re packing a lunch, be careful with fruit or juice boxes or anything similar- they can easily get squished over the course of the day and ruin your books
- go to the bathroom during break, even if you don’t feel like you need it- in my experience sometimes just walking into the bathroom can make me realise i kinda do need to go
- drink water it is so important to stay hydrated